687 County Rd 3919, Arley, AL 35541, USA

We just bought a new camper a few months ago and received a 30 day pass with Thousand Trails.Booked the closest campground to us which was about 3 1/2 hours away for Spring Break.

Looked at trip advisor reviews and the campground received 5 stars. Online it says the campground has lake front sites, mini golf, basketball, a game room, wifi, and satellite. The campground is not lake front but does have a view from above on a cliff. Most sites are already taken by the monthly/yearly owners.

So there are only a few sites left to pick from and out of those only a couple have full hookup. We were told when checking in that we would have no cell service. So there wifi is very weak. You can only get wifi if you are near the office during her hours.

(Which she had been gone the whole week we were there so there was no wifi). The satellite is only in the club house from 9am to 9pm. If you expect anything to hook up at your camper you are out of luck. Mini Golf falling apart, Grass was high and filled with ant beds you can't see because of the grass.

A fox would camp out under our camper from about 7pm thru the rest of the night. I complained to the park manager and because the kids and I were terrified to come out of the camper. It kept trying to come inside. She acted like I was a fool because apparently it's friendly and people feed it from their hands.

We ended up leaving 2 days early because seriously this is the worst campground we have ever stayed at.

Thankful we did not buy the Thousand Trails membership because if this is how all the campgrounds are we will pass!!State Parks are A LOT nicer and A LOT cheaper!!

Review about: Thousand Trails Rv Campground.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with Thousand Trails Rv?

Comments

Portland, Oregon, United States #1319973

Unfortunately the ole bait-and-switch worked on us.We bought in.

Not only are most of the campgrounds as bad as the one you describe but as a member they never have any availability, even if I try to reserve 60 days beforehand (the maximum time before the trip that I can book a reservation per my contract terms). It's all a joke. Run from Thousand Trails!

I can't wait until our contract runs out because I know I'm running as fast as I can.The state parks cost less, are better maintained and you know what spot you will have before you arrive.